David Beckstead, MD
Dr. Beckstead was raised on his parent’s farm in Whitney, Idaho where he learned hard work and practical life skills. Active in scouting, David attended the National and World Jamborees achieving an Eagle with three palms ranking. He attended Preston High School where he was the senior class president. He received the “Hustler Award” on the varsity basketball team and was instrumental in starting the Preston High School Cross County Team. Upon high school graduation, he served a two-year mission in Los Angeles, California for the LDS Church. He started his professional education at Brigham Young University where he became a member of the Ballroom Dance Company. He and his team performed at the British Ballroom Dance Championships in Blackpoole, England. He married his dance partner, Alexis Champneys, and they had six children (four boys & two girls). Upon completing his education and professional training in 1987, he and his family returned to Preston, Idaho to begin operating his private family physician practice. He has been providing dedicated service to the community ever since.
Dr. Beckstead enjoys landscaping, hiking, cycling among many other outdoor activities. When not enjoying the outdoors you can find him spending time woodworking, reading classical literature, and studying philosophy. His favorite philosopher is Spinoza. Since 1995, he has received a great deal of pleasure as a singer in the Rotary Choir.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma, Preston High School, 1974 – Honor Student
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1980 – Honor Student, Phi Kappa Phi
- Doctor of Medicine, Creighton Medical School, 1984 – #1 Ranking Student, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Residency, Family Practice Program, Good Samaritan Medical Center, 1987 – Chief Resident 1986
Licensure and Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Licensed in both Idaho and Utah